Social Media and Social Media Marketing will be trending on digital screen in 2014. Social media is the major marketing tools as comparison to any other media so the budget for social media spending will be huge in 2014. You can see how social media has emerged as a main marketing medium for your brand/business.
Where the major social media networks are up to at the start of 2014:
Social web demographics
Social media is the main tool for communication, sharing, shopping and business. Have a look how people are using Social Media in their lifestyle or business.
- 72% of all internet users are now active on social media
- 18-29 year olds have an 89% usage
- 30-49 bracket sits at 72%
- 60 percent of 50 to 60 year olds are active on social media
- 65 plus 43% are using social media
- Time spent on Facebook per hour spent online by country. Here are the top three: USA citizens get the top gong at 16% followed by the Aussies at 14 minutes and the Brits at 13 minutes.
- 71% of users access social media from a mobile device.
- Social Media is in trend in all ages of the generation now, it’s no more Gen-Y tag media, you can find more adults engaging and sharing on different social media networks.
Facebook is the king of all social media network; here are some of the latest figures to mull over.
- It has more than 1.15 billion Facebook users
- One million web pages are accessed using the “Login with Facebook” feature
- 23 percent of Facebook users login at least 5 times per day
- 47% of Americans say Facebook is their #1 influencer of purchases
- 70% of marketers used Facebook to gain new customers
Twitter have to be taken seriously. Last year it took off its short pants and become a public company. So what is happening in the Twittersphere:
- There are now over 550 million registered users
- 34% of marketers use Twitter to successfully generate leads
- Twitter was the fastest growing network with a 44% growth from 2012-2013 Million monthly active users
You shouldn’t ignore 140 words to communicate and spread effectively, let’s start tweet your tweaking thoughts.
- There are now over 1 billion Google+ enabled accounts
- It has reached 359 million monthly active users
- Google+ is growing at 33% per annum.
- The 45 to 54-year-old bracket increased its usage on Google+ by 56% since 2012
There are other important social media platforms that have its major impact on business and marketing which include: Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Tumblr, Vine, Slideshare and many others.
This year expects the visual social media networks to hit more home runs.
Keep an eye on these two:
- Pinterest with 20 million active monthly users
- Instagram with 150 million active monthly users.
-go social, go dizital-